Running a backwards marathon down this night that never ends, feel my mind contort like the shadows gripping my heart.
I can never love you.
No room for love, no reach for it. You drained it from me long ago along with my innocence when you bit my apple. We hid in her vault 'cause you took our tomorrows away, you took my sky. Was it worth it to hang her entrails up (couldn't afford Halloween decorations, you starving businessman)? We knew she was gone just like we wished you were dead. Of course, I was the robot-- I was the one who thought I saw past it, thought I saw past you, and you used that to reprogram me for blood. When I fought on the hills, when I lost my legs to that holy hand grenade, when I dragged what left of my soul into her bunker, you know I did all of it for you.
I wish I could have my life back. I want you dead so I can rip your heart out and let it beat in place of what was once mine.